Currently these are the top five most popular stories on Florida’s Local6 news Website:
- Giant ‘Blue Bird’ On Roof Upsets Neighborhood
- Killer Bees Found In Louisiana
- Cops: Man Fabricated Hitchhiker’s Death To Make Wife Leave
- Giant ‘Bra Fence’ Sparks Controversy
- Woman Allegedly Sells Sexual Favors To Elderly For $4
[LUNCHTIME UPDATE:] Noteworthy headlines in the “Spotlight” section, down on the left of the Local6 index page:
- Electrocuted Squirrel Blamed For Outage
- Kids’ Lemonade Stand Shut Down After Competitor Complains
- 11-Year-Old Girl Who Threw Rock To Be Tried For Felony
- Naked Swordsman Pleads Guilty To Assault
- Family Finds Python Under Dishwasher
- Child Damages 16th-Century Statue Of Neptune
- Court Strikes Down Hawaiians-Only Admissions Policy
- Cyclist Ticketed After Falling
Four bucks? And it must take those old guys forever to come.
That is an absolutely outstanding site, thank you!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful site. I shall never bother with the Onion again.
Thanks for pointing to Local6, Damian. It quite restores my belief in humanity and killer bees.
Feckin’ squirrels, always up to mischief! One of those bastards chewed some wires under the bonnet of my car so that it wouldn’t start (not sure if it was deliberate … probably was).
My wife’s favourite headline:-
“York girl fails to reach quarter-finals”
I think I’m addicted … “Coach Reprimanded for Licking Athletes’ Bleeding Wounds”! http://www.local6.com/news/4809394/detail.html
If you put down your sword, you’re still a swordsman, but if you put on your clothes, you’re no longer naked. So was this swordsman naked while pleading guilty to assault, then?
Forget Carl Hiaasen, Damian. If you want insane Floridian goings-on, Tim Dorsey’s the man, and much, much funnier than Hiaasen.